ASEAN YOUNG WRITERS AWARDS
Hello friends, students, parents…and to all the youth
Please read and don’t miss this opportunity. Parents who know their children have something to share and do like to write, let them know about this. You got to be between (15-24). If you have any questions and/or need mentoring do inbox me to assist you from the curiosity. Deadline has been shifted to 15th July 2014.
About the Award
The ASEAN Young Writers Award is the region’s literary prize jointly established in Thailand by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and the Organizing Committee of the S.E.A. Write Award in collaboration with the S.E.A. Write network and the Faculty of Liberal Arts of Mahidol University.
1) Candidates must be youth aged 15 to 24 (as per the criteria set by UNESCO ) on the date theirs work are submitted for competition.
2) A candidate must be a national of ASEAN member countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
3) A candidate must be a qualified short story writer in his or her national and/or English language.
The same criteria are applied throughout the region in selecting and judging the submitted entries as follows:
1) The entry must be in the form of a short story (no more than 3,000 words or 10 A4 pages), written in national and/orEnglish language.
2) The entry must be the candidate’s own work, containing constructive content.
3) The entry must be an original work by the author, not a translation or adaptation of any previous work. In case of copyright infringement, the candidate shall be disqualified and solely responsible for the liabilities.
4) The entry must not have been previously submitted for, or won, any competition.
5) The contestant may submit the short stories in both national and English language, provided that they are different pieces of writing and of distinct content.
6) The Organizing Committee reserves the right to publish and promote the submitted works.
7) The Judging Committee’s decisions are final.
Submission of Entries:
1) The entry must be submitted from 1 May to 30 June 2014.
2) The entry must not be more than 3,000 words (approximately 10 A4 pages) in length, typeset in font Cordia New 16pt.
3) The story’s title must be indicated at the top of the first page in Bold typeface.
4) Every submission must include the contestant’s real name- surname (pseudonyms not permitted), age, grade/class in school or college (or, in case of a graduate, occupation and workplace), address where the contestant may be contacted, e-mail address and telephone number. All this information should be typed at the bottom of the last page of the submission. The Organizing Committee shall not return the submitted manuscript.
5) The entry must be submitted in 1 hard copy and as Microsoft Word file (.doc) and Portable Document Format file (.pdf) recorded in a CD or DVD along with a filled Application Form and a certified copy of the contestant’s identification card.
6) The entry must be submitted by mail or in person to the Office of the ASEAN Young Writers Award Secretariat, 23/15 Soi Ruamruedee, Ploenchit Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10300 (In case the entry is submitted by mail, the postmark date shall be considered) or email to [email protected]
Go through the website for more details.